FREE CCTV training with FREE SIA Badge
What is a CCTV Operator?
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) operators carry out guarding activities using closed circuit television equipment, to either monitor the activities of members of the public in a public or private place, or to identify a particular person.
How much does this course cost?
If you are…..
- Aged between 18-24 years old,
- Live in or around the London area,
- and out of work,
…….Then this course is totally free to you.
**If you are aged over 24 and/or live out of the london area you can join the course but we can not offer this for free. The cost to you would be £200 for the 4 days training and £220 for the SIA badge, plus vat**
What does the course cover?
Core Learning for Common Security Industry Knowledge – 1 day
CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) Specialist Module – 2 days
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- The Private Security Industry
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
Practical Assessment – 1 day
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment and its Operation
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV Surveillance Techniques
- Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room
- Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Environment
How do I get on the Course and get my SIA badge?
Send us your request to join the course.
- One of the team will contact you and invite you to a meeting in Stratford London.
- You will then get your training date for the course and asked to bring ID (Passport or Driving Licence) and proof of address (Bill or Bank Statement) to the training.
To obtain the SIA licence this is split into two parts.
- The 4 day training course with a test at the end, you then gain a level 2 certificate for passing.
- We send the SIA License Application to the Security Industry Authority (SIA) on your behalf. It can take up to 40 working days for the SIA to process your application.
Then your CCTV SIA badge is sent to you. When you receive your license you can work as a CCTV operator anywhere in England, Wales and Scotland.
Where is the CCTV Training?
The 4 day CCTV Operator Level 2 training will be held in Stratford London and is walking distance from the train station.
What's the Wage?
CCTV Operators are mostly paid on an hourly basis and earn around £8 to £10 per hour. Some can earn more, this will depend on the premises.
To apply for this course please Contact us
Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) is the UK’s leading awarding organisation for compliance qualifications and is recognised by Ofqual, the Welsh Government and SQA.
EndeavourUK is an Approved HABC Centre